Saturday, March 04, 2006

after the storm.

Things are good. It's a lazy Saturday morning after a big storm, and the sun is shining. The air is crisp and clear, and it has a very distinct smell of the desert after a rain. It's earthy, and pungent, and wild, like sagebrush. I'm drinking a fresh cup of coffee and I haven't tasted one that good in a while. Jade is still asleep, and Jared is building ships out of leggos. The dishes are done, and the kitchen is clean. The presents are wrapped for Jared's party today, and I am enjoying a little bit of peace and quiet to myself. Today will be a big day, but it will be fun. I have to pick up the Power Ranger cake at 3:00, and then the balloons, and head over to the pizza place to reserve tables for the family. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. Life feels good. I'm happy today.