Saturday, January 24, 2009

My world.

Prickly pear. This blooms in a few months.



These red flowers are in bloom right now. They're everywhere.










I'm guessing a javalina got this little guy.




This is a palo verde. There are nests in just about every one.

















This one is a teddy bear cholla. In the spring it sprouts flowers, like most cacti around here. I'll take pics of that too.








I'd like to share with you a bit of what I see every day. Arizona in the winter is amazingly beautiful, and thanks to the trail system that winds through Anthem I take advantage of the gorgeous weather and scenery as much as possible. The Sonoran Desert receives the most rainfall of any desert in North America, which is why it's so strikingly green. I love it here, the plant life is so diverse and so is the wildlife. The birds were too quick today to get any great shots and same goes for the lizards. Plus, the kids do a pretty good job of scaring away anything within a hundred feet. It rained last night, and the scent this morning was amazing. They need to make a "desert rain" candle or something. I'd buy 1 or 50.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Peterson said...

Welcome back! I have missed oyur posts. It looks beautiful in Arizona. I am so cold in Idaho I need my warm winters back!

Lacey said...

You're alive!!!!!!! I love Phoenix in the winter, it's so beautiful!!

Kate said...

Yessss, the girl is back baby. Missed this blog. lol