Sunday, July 17, 2005

A nasty virus, and the diagnosis

The stomach flu has kicked my ass. Some bastardly virus has wormed it's way into my system rendering me almost completely bedridden for almost two days now. Thank god the kids aren't sick, and for pete's sake they better not get sick, either. I haven't been this sick in a while, and although my vomiting and diarrhea has thankfully stopped, I'm now very weak and tired, and have no energy to do anything but sit on my ass all day. Even getting up to change a diaper, or go to the bathroom is a chore, and I think this is probably how old people feel. Today I'm in a fog. It took me half an hour to read a post of one of my favorite bloggers. I'm wondering if I'll ever get better. This has been going on since Friday, and it's now Sunday. I'm hoping all will be well this Tuesday, because Doug's taking me to Las Vegas for my birthday. It will really suck if either one of us is sick, or kids. They're going with us, of course. Jade's still nursing, and I can't leave her overnight just yet. Well, I guess I could, I just don't want to. Not yet.

So, for those of you who are wondering about what the cardiologist had to say, it was nothing. Yep, that's right. Nothing. The stress test was normal as far as he was concerned. Yes, there were a few irregularities, but nothing worth worrying about, he says. So, it was all much ado about nothing I guess. I do have a slight mitral valve prolapse, but once again, nothing to worry about. So anyway, thanks to all of you for your kind thoughts and for thinking of me. It's much appreciated. And now, let's hope this is the last health-related post I have for a while.