Thursday, September 15, 2005

my son, the pimp

So, apparently Jared has a girlfriend at preschool. Her name is Gracie and she wears a Strawberry Shortcake sweatshirt. Last night he was telling us about her, and how he tried to catch her as she jumped down from the monkey bars. In fact, he's so taken with her, that last night before he took his shoes off he said very matter-of-factly "Gracie's my girlfriend". And then before he brushed his teeth "Gracie's my girlfriend". And again as he hopped into bed "Gracie's my girlfriend". Today he hasn't really mentioned her. I guess that's good. After school today, Mrs. Lynn took me aside and commented on how well Jared is behaved and that he's doing very well in preschool. She said during coloring he came and sat down next to her and said "Sooooo, where'd you get those green eyes?" *Sigh* I'm gonna have to watch that kid.