Friday, August 01, 2008

Our last lunch date.


Ursula was the first person I met out here besides Doug's family. She's been cutting his hair since he was 16. Doug figured she wouldn't like me because she really wanted him for her daughter. He was wrong! She liked me immediately because "I looked so German"--which is a good thing because she's from Germany. Over the years we've developed a friendship over pasta lunches at Olive Garden. Her husband hates the place, and so does Doug. So, we escape every now and then and stuff ourselves on breadsticks and salad, and gossip about our husbands. She adores the kids so much she jokes about banking Doug's sperm so her daughter can have beautiful blue-eyed babies like mine. Europeans can be a little forward.


I love her dearly, and I'll miss her very much. We'll meet up again in Sedona in a few months while they're there on vacation.

0 comments: