Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Feeling down today.

It's no secret to many that my marriage isn't the greatest. I won't go into detail, but I am fairly good at sucking it up and just dealing with it. I do have my bad days though, and today is one of them. Nothing unusual was done or said; just feeling a little lonely and sorry for myself today, which is weird because no matter how bad it gets I can get over myself and move on with my day. Shoot, I can't even write well. I'm going to continue though, because this blog is therapy for me. I post every once and a while about my personal struggles, but not nearly as much as I admittedly have them. I'm so glad I've made friends here in AZ, and I promised myself I WOULD NOT be known as that girl with the bad marriage who needs a weekly therapy session at Starbucks to release her never-ending marital drama, looking for a tissue and a pat on the back. NOPE. They do not need to know, and they don't need their lives filled with my drama. Neither do you all. But some days.....some days I simply feel I cannot handle it alone. That's why, my friends, I am letting it out for you all to read. My marriage sucks. Plain and simple. It has been pretty bad for years and years. Some days I try my hardest to pretend it's fine, but usually the truth lurks deep down inside. I have a good way of lying to myself in order to keep from completely falling apart, especially for my kids' sake. I'm pretty sure he does not love me anymore and not to sound completely pitiful, but most days I doubt he cares about me at all. To answer your question, right now there is nothing I can do about this. Maybe one day I can, but now is not the time. So for now, I trudge along in the trenches and try to emotionally survive. Most days I can survive, in fact I have actually learned to thrive. But today, I'm simply trying to breathe.

8 comments:

Kelly said...

I would say I completely understand, but unless you are in someone elses shoes, or dealing with the same thing, you just can't. I do want you to know I am here if you want to talk. You know how we feel about it. We love you. PLEASE let us know if you or the kids need anything, or whatever.

Mindy said...

Carrie I am soo sorry. I think we should get together and have a therapy session! Keep your chin up. I truely hope it gets better.

Amy Brooks said...

Carrie, I just want to HUG you! Seriously, I have a special place in my heart for you, even though I've never met you IRL. Listen to this. I think you need it today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu1qmps_M8o

Love ya sweetie,
Amy

Lacey said...

Carrie, I'm so sorry. I hate crappy days. Screaming feels really good.

Good news! This weekend is THE weekend! We'll be down on Friday and go home on Saturday. Do you still want to get together? I think I lost your number, do you still have mine?

Elizabeth Peterson said...

Hey Girl,
I am glad that you have a blog too. Looks like you have had it for a while. I am new at all of this and still trying to figure everything out but I am glad we can keep updated about our families.

I am sorry that your marraige is not good. That has to be one of the hardest things to go through and I wish I could be with you to help. Let me know if you ever need to talk.

SO why the move to Arizona and how long have you been there?

Love ya much!
Elizabeth

KristinNB said...

I have been down that path.. Maybe not the same exact path, but the same exact feelings.. A year ago me and my husband split up because he didn't care about me or respect me or even love me.. It was SO hard when he told me that he wasn't happy with me and he wanted to seperate.. Though he wanted to stay in the same house and seperate, I told him to move out.. Anyways, he was SO confused about life and everything (cause of an alcohol addiction).. It was so hard and heartbreaking and I felt so alone.. He left for 2 months and realized how important I was to him and changed his whole life around.. Not saying that is what you guys should do in ANY way, I guess I just wanted to share my story.. I went through 1 divorce already and when my second marriage was falling apart, so was I.. I hope things get better for you.. Sorry you have to go through this.. =( I feel your pain.. Marriage is SO hard and can be SO painful..
Anyways, sorry so long..

Marie B. said...

Ruby, I am so sorry that your husband is an emotional fucktard.
I adore you and I want you to know it. I dont know what it will take to let your nitwit husband know that its not ok to be such an ASSHOLE!

Lyns said...

Ugh! Carrie I'm so sorry! You are such an awesome person who deserves to be treated like it!