Sunday, June 26, 2005

it happened again

Except this time I didn't fight it as much, and I left myself open to it, to see if I was making this all up in my head, and if I was dreaming.

I laid down for a nap yesterday, hoping to get some rest, and finally dozed off after Jade fell asleep in her crib. My dream started out with my in-laws Billy and Mandi. They just moved into a new apartment, and we were all going over to check it out. Right when we got there, the dream was interrupted, or jumped to my parent's house. I was laying on the couch taking a nap, and I could see myself from behind the couch. For some reason, I had Jade's body, so it was Jade I was looking at asleep on the couch. I knew I was having an out of body experience, so I decided I had better wake myself up. I gently touched my hand to Jades body, and I instatly woke up, but not completely. I was aware that I was in my own bed, kind of asleep and trying to wake up, but I was paralyzed completely...again. I noticed the pressure also, like something was pushing on my chest. I knew I was strong enough to overcome it, so I let it in. Just for a moment. That's when I heard it. Years ago, the sound it wade was like that of an electric hum, or a lot like the sound a guitar amp makes when the sound is turned up all the way. This time I listened very closely. The hum turned into voices. Lots of them, maybe hundreds of them. It sounded like they were on some type of frequency, and I could hear that frequency cutting in and out. The best way I can describe the sound is when you turn the knob on an am radio, and you get that kind-of high pitched noise between stations. The voices were very loud, and to me it sounded like they were talking very fast, but I couldn't make out a single word. The stronger the "waves" came, the louder the voices got. Finally I decided to wake myself up, because as you can imagine, I was getting a little freaked out.

I went out to the couch with Doug, and asked him what he thought. He thinks it was probably all in my head, and that I was just very tired. Which does sound about right. You know how you have more vivid dreams when your more tired? But...I can't shake the feeling it was more then that. Maybe I tapped into something, or actually it tapped into me. What do you guys think? Only helpful comments please. I don't need some asshole calling me crazy.