Tuesday, June 07, 2005

a lenthy post, for my sake

There have been some things going on with my family that I need to vent about. I have briefly touched on the matter in a couple of posts, but I feel the need to write the story in it's entirety, to vent this out of my system.

My dad is a supervisor for the county and heads a few teams for the health department. I won't expound on this any further for fear of getting my ass in trouble if the wrong person reads this. So he's had this job for 15 years now, and has made wonderful friends through his job. One woman who works there in particular became very close with my mom. She was the closest thing to a best friend my mom had at the time. She and her daughters came to their house all the time for dinners, and her daughters called my mom Aunt Cindy. For the sake of anonymity, we will call the woman "crazy bitch", or cb for short. So cb began dating someone at their workplace. (We will call the poor soul "Dan") After a few months, the relationship turned sour, probably because she's a crazy bitch. (did I mention that?) In cb's bitterness, she filed a sexual harassment complaint against Dan, and since my dad was their boss, she took it to him, and he took that straight to his boss. It was handled, properly.

A few months later, cb decided she wanted to switch to a different department. Coincidentally, the department she wanted to be switched to, was the same one Dan happened to be in. Cb then asked my dad to take Dan out of that department, so she could switch, and be in the department of her choice. He didn't do it. This is where the bullshit starts. She got really upset and started badmouthing my dad to my mom, saying he was sexist, and discriminate. I think she filed a few complaints against him as well. But whatever, she's psycho.

Before all this happened, about 4 months prior, cb, my dad, and another lady (let's call her Kate) were on their way to a conference, all in the same vehicle. They were all great friends, and were playing a game of "slug bug". (that's where you hit the person next to you when you see a VW bug.) So kate socks my dad in the arm, and he in turn, socks her back. It's a game people, and yes, my dad is a bit unprofessional. It was all in fun.

Fast forward. After cb doesn't get what she wants from my dad, she decides to bring up the "slug bug" incident to the county, and files a "violence in the workplace" complaint against him. Even though she wasn't the one hit in the car, she claimed she was afraid of him, and wouldn't work there if he stayed. The county apparently interviewed all the employees my dad works with, and they all gave him great compliments, stating he's a wonderful supervisor, and he's never done anything to frighten them. According to the case report, none of those interviews took place. All the report says is my dad hit a woman at work, and now cb is afraid. There is now a guard posted outside my dad's office, in case he comes back in a monsterous vengeful rage to wreak demonic havoc on that poor innocent woman who sits shaking in her boots. No one at work is allowed to contact him, and he is not allowed to contact them, even though they have, to give their upmost support. He is now officially terminated, seven years away from retirement. Two years ago, all his employees, including cb voted him supervisor of the year for the entire county division. No one in the county likes cb. Their have been several complaints against her, and Dan has now left because of her (I think he's also planning on suing her for degradation of character). From what I hear, Kate is leaving also.

This whole thing is devastating to my family. My father is a good man, and he doesn't deserve this, and neither does my mother. I hope this is one of those "blessings in disguise" and they can come out stronger from this. I know they plan to sue for wrongful termination, but in the meantime, he has no income. My biggest fear is of them moving far away to the only job he can find. He's kind of in a specialized field, and I know he's been having a heck of a time finding anything for the amount of money even close to what he was making. I know this is kind of a long post for me, and thank you for taking the time to read it. I needed to get that out, and now that I have, I feel a bit better. I will keep you updated as I receive more news.