Monday, June 20, 2005

a new post--FINALLY!!!!

You know what's the funniest thing I've ever seen? My ass try to jump rope, that's what. I looked like a flamboyant gay man. Seriously. Who would have thought 2 minutes of jump rope would have me dizzy and lightheaded because my ass is so out of shape? At least I wasn't the only one who couldn't hack it. There were others too, I swear!

So, Friday I decide to put my gym membership to good use. I got up early, (which in my case is 7:30) and decided to take a cardio coreball class. It's an hour long class which uses the stability ball for strength exercises, and switches back and forth between that and a cardio workout. I thought it would have been a good beginner class, since I have pretty much NEVER worked out in my life, save that little stint I had in boot camp. I probably should have started with something like YOGA. Don't get me wrong, I could pretty much hang in there until the last 25 minutes, at which point I was DYING. The lady from the childcare came in the last 15 minutes and said Jade was crying, and she wouldn't stop. THANK GOD!!! I got to get out of class early. YES!!! Let me just tell you, as I was sitting there, nursing her in the lounge, I felt dizzy as hell and sick to my stomach. I had to get my bearings for a few minutes before I could get up and leave. I felt a little better when I got home, but the next day I was so sore I could barely walk. I couldnt even get off the floor without Doug's help. I am pathetic, people!! Today the soreness is finally going away, and I feel a bit better. So yeah, I'm thinking yoga sounds good for tomorrow, and I'm not doing ANYTHING more then yoga or pilates until I can hack it. There's nothing wrong with starting slow. Really, there isn't!