Friday, April 25, 2008

6 going on 16

Every morning I wake up and deal with this:

me: Jared, it's time to get dressed. Do you have something picked out this morning?

him: nooooooo, I don't want to get dressed.

me: okay, play for 10 minutes. I'll set the timer, and then you need to get dressed, okay?

him: fine.

*10 minutes later*

me: okay buddy the timer beeped. You need to get dressed now.

him: uuuugggghhhhhh. o-KAY!

*five minutes later*

me: Jared why are you wearing dirty clothes? I know those came from the hamper, and you already wore that TWICE this week. See the grass stains?

him: noooooo, just let me pleeeeeeeeeease!!! You NEVER let me wear what I want to wear.

me: no. absolutely not. We are not having this discussion again. Pick something CLEAN out of your closet.

*two minutes later*

me: Um, Jared, why are you wearing THOSE pants? I put those in the giveaway bag for a reason. They are up to your ankles, and they are waaaaaay to tight around your crotch.

him: but mom! No. Just let me wear these. I'm so SICK of this!!!!! I DON'T want to wear my jeans in my drawer. What's wrong with these pants? They fit fine.

me: no they don't. They are way too tight, and they are going up your butt in the back.

*stomp stomp thump stomp huff*

him: MOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM, I HATE it when you do this, you NEVER let me wear what I want to wear. You're not being fair. It's always your FAULT!

*two minutes later*

him: there mom. I'm wearing this. Now STOP being mean to me.

me: so you're going to wear sweatpants to school? *sigh* fine.


I realize all of this could be avoided if I just had him pick out his clothes the night before. I don't know why I put myself through this.

2 comments:

kelara said...

The "you wore that twice already this week" rings a bell.....wait until Jade is 6! hahahaha

Stacey said...

Ha ha, I love it! I just can't wait until I'm not having to still help my kids get their clothes on right, then I'll just be fighting with them like you are, lol.