Monday, April 07, 2008

The Change

Something is making sense now. It's just clicking like it never has before. The restoration, the atonement, the Plan of Salvation makes sense. I can feel it in my soul. I do not understand everything about the gospel, and I have many questions still to ask. But, I DO know, that as President Monson bore his testimony in Conference yesterday, I felt as though he were speaking directly to me, through divine inspiration as he looked through my tv screen into my unseen eyes as he said "Come back." Those words touched me, and I felt his love and concern for my well-being. I cannot even adequately express to you how fully I sustain him as a prophet and head of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Now comes the hard part--ACTING on those feelings, and actually DOING what I now feel to be right. How do I stop drinking my coffee every morning? How do I give up my favorite wine at night? How will I find the strength to stand for what I believe in? That will be the challenge for sure. Hopefully I have it in me to make correct choices and be an example to my children and to my husband. Maybe the strength won't come from me though. Maybe it'll come from the Lord. I pray I find that strength so I can become the person I know I should have been.