Tuesday, April 29, 2008

so long! Farewell!


to my dearest, closest companion through years of rough nights and long never-ending days. You eased my pain when I fell to the depths of despair, and helped me cope with seemingly helpless situations. You were there for me every night, like a faithful friend to help me drown in my sorrows.


But, I'm onto better things. I realize I can live without you. I HAVE to live without you. I'm healing, and my future is bright. My soul is slowly filling with good things, with good thoughts and actions, with the word of God. I can make it without you.

6 comments:

Lacey said...

Your post made me chuckle on so many different levels. You're a dollface, Rubyjade! With or without the wine!

kelara said...

I was actually teary eyed reading it..LOL And...you can make it without it.

cyndi said...

Me too I almost cried. I am so proud of you!!!!

Stacey said...

Wow Ruby what a great post!! You can make it and it will be great, hard at times, but overall great. And what you are replacing the wine with will be enough to sustain you in those times when you would have otherwise turned to the drink. I'm so proud of you and I don't even know you.

Nana Scott XOXO said...

You can do it!!! :)

mushbelly said...

This post makes me want to drink lol. Just kidding. You can soooo do this Carrie. You are stronger than you think Im proud of you.