Friday, May 02, 2008

a day at the farm







Jared's Kindergarten class took a field trip today to the Dairy Farm. Aside from the smell and the flies, I think he really had a good time. A couple of the bulls were trying to mate with each other, and I'm kicking myself for not getting of picture of it! Jared and his friends throught they were wrestling. I think the bulls have been in the pen together for a little too long, personally.




Oh, and let me just say that I have complete, and utter (get it? udder!!) respect for the females. You think it's uncomfortable for your boobs to be full of milk, engorged and ready to burst?? HO-LY COW. These girls are huuuuuggggge. The milk bladders (or whatever they're called) on some of these female cows had to be the size of my upper torso. No picture of that either. You'll just have to use your imagination




4 comments:

kelara said...

LUCKY!!! I don't remember getting to do fun field trips like that when I was little. I remember in 5th grade we got to walk down the street to the Carl's Jr. and that was our field trip. We got to go in the freezer!! WOOHOO!! Looks (and sounds) like you guys had a blast!!

Jenn said...

How fun! ROFL about the bulls!

Stacey said...

Ah so you got a front and center viewing of Bullback Mountain (you know a cow's version of Brokeback Mountain, heh heh). How educational.

Carrie said...

hehe! Yep, pretty much like bullback mountain!