Monday, April 04, 2005

we're all infected

We are all sick. Sick sick sick. All four of us. We are all up to our ears in mucus and hacking flem out of our lungs. We are all whiny, miserable, and grumpy. Well, except Jade. Somehow she seems to have a smile on her face even though her little nose is clogged with snot. It's so sad to see her nurse. Since she can't breathe through her nose, she sucks a few times, then lets go and takes a few deep breaths through her mouth, and then back to sucking until she runs out of air again. Poor thing. Usually what ends up happening is she sucks long enough to get my milk flowing, and then pulls away letting my milk spray all over the place, and it ends up getting in her eyes. Poor baby. She sounds like a little piggy when she breathes too. It's actually kind of cute, but sad.

Jared just decides to wake up in the middle of the night and call me over and over until I get my lazy butt out of bed so I can take him to the bathroom. He refuses to go by himself now. He's gotten to be afraid of the dark. Well, actually he's afraid of Spooky Bart. At nighttime now he has me check his room to make sure Spooky Bart isn't hiding in the closet or under the bed waiting to get him. I think Spooky Bart came from a Halloween Simpsons episode where Bart lived in the attic or something like that. I think it was supposed to be a parody of "Hunchback of Notre Dame". Anyway, now Spooky Bart is Jared's boogie monster.

I just feel like a big pile of steamy crap. I've been feverish for the past couple of days and I've been coughing so hard I've almost puked a few times. Being sick sucks. I think this place needs to get aired out. Ya know what sucks the most about being sick? Not being able to taste food. Doug grilled up steak last night and I made stawberry shortcake for dessert, and I couldn't taste a damn thing. That really pisses me off. I'm sure it was good too.

Yesterday was our Easter. Last week we were in Vegas for Bryan and Christa's wedding, so we just pushed it forward a week. Billy and Mandi came over and we did an egg hunt for the boys. Mandi is Doug's sister, and since their mom didn't have Easter dinner this year , we just decided to do it together. Doug's mom hates holidays. They didn't dress up for Halloween, or get Easter baskets, so Mandi wanted to make sure Holden gets to do all the fun things she didn't as a kid. The boys had a great time, despite this evil little virus that's kicking our asses. I think that's about enough complaining for today folks.

One quick question: are any of you having problems posting comments here? If so please e-mail me so I know who can and can't post. Thanks!

0 comments: