Thursday, March 31, 2005

Betcha didn't know...

~ I used to smoke
~I have a tatoo of a flower on my hip, got it when I was 19.
~ I was in a car accident when I was 19 and broke my left ankle and elbow.
~I have a big scar on my elbow from the surgery
~ In that accident, my friend at the time and I were coming home from a club in LA, and she fell asleep at the wheel. We crashed head on into a palm tree. Not pretty at all.
~I'm kind of a spiritual person. Not somuch into horoscopes and things of that nature.
~I'm religious, even though I don't go to church anymore.
~I pray
~ A few years ago Doug and I lived in San Jose together
~We paid $1000 per month for a studio apartment that had no air condition, no heat, no dishwasher, no disposal, and no bathtub.
~I am lazy
~I'm flaky. This is inherited from my father
~I only speak to my birth father about 2 or 3 times a year.
~My stepdad married my mom when I was 3 and he's been all the father I need. I call him dad.
~I'm very self-conscious
~I have a deep love and appreciation for music. I can feel it and understand it.
~I have never seen a ghost, although I have had a couple "supernatural" encounters. Maybe I'll write about that later.
~ I want everyone to like me, and I care very much what people think. ( A big weakness of mine.)
~I am very caring and giving
~I am a nurturer
~I am very close with my grandparents and used to live with them.
~ I've never really had much responsibility, until I moved out
~Once Doug and I moved in together, I had a job and finally took it seriously.
~I once traveled all over the country with a drum corps.
~My boyfriend at that time was a drum instructor for the corps
~I traveled with them all summer as a volunteer, and helped out in the "chuck truck" (I cooked)
~I was in the RCC marching band in college as a percussionist.
~They are one of the best college marching bands in the US and have made appearances in commercials, movies, and every major parade.
~I went to summer church camp every year from the time I was 12 to 17.
~My last year of camp, I was a counselor
~I was somewhat of a party girl in my youth.
~My best friend and I would go down to Tijuana and party with the Marines at night.
~ I smoked pot.
~I stopped because it always made my heart race. I wonder if speed would have had a mellowing effect on me?
~I might one day like to be a lactation consultant.
~ I want to be a preschool teacher.
~I am messy
~I am not very responsible
~I a spontaneous person
~I got my tonsils out when I was 7
~I was in ballet and tap dance when I was a kid. (wasn't everyone?)
~I could shake my grove thang pretty well at the clubs with Christa
~Sometimes we would hold hands and tell ugly guys we were lesbians so they would leave us alone.
~In high school, I was a co-drum captain for the drumline I was in.
~In high school, I was very envious of my good friend April because she was beautiful and a cheerleader. She was popular too. I don't think I ever told her that.
~I've been to almost every national park in the west, with the exception of ones in Canada
~I've been to the top of the Eiffel Tower
~ I've been through the smelly canals of Venice via gondola.
~Yesterday Doug came home from work with a purple rose and a teddy bear that said "I love you"
~Then he took me out for a prime rib and shrimp dinner.
~I have a pretty boring life, don't I folks??