Thursday, September 11, 2008

Firstly, the house...








I'm alive. I promise. There's been so much to blog about, that it felt overwhelming, so my solution was to just put it off. But, I can't do it any longer! It's time to show you all our house, and I think each day I'll try to catch you all up with everything else that's been going on these three weeks. First off, we really love the house. It's a perfect floorplan and size for us, and I'm soooooo happy to finally have a backyard! There's grass, (and weeds) shrubs, bushes with flowers, and a pretty nice covered patio. Love it! Also, we have tile. A LOT of tile. Granted, it's not throughout the entire house, just the wet areas-- but STILL...I'm realizing tile is going to be a big pain in my butt. First off, the grout is DISGUSTING. Seriously nasty stuff we're talking here. I have no idea when the last time it was cleaned, or even IF it's been cleaned. Who knows what kind of nasty little organisms are growing in there. So, I got on this huge vinegar-cleans-everything kick, and bought a scrub brush, and some baking soda, and doused the heck out of out tile with vinegar. I scrubbed, and scrubbed and SCRUBBED. My house smelled like an Easter Egg afterwards but to my surprise, it worked!! It's not perfect by a longshot but what a huge difference it made!! I'm so proud of my accomplishment. I did about half the floor today, and I think I'll do the rest tomorrow.






So, there's that. Now, let me tell you about these thunderstorms. They're SPECTACULAR. I literally park myself on the porch and watch in wonder as the lightening illuminates the sky. Sometimes there's so much activity it's like I'm watching a strobe light in the clouds. The kids love it too. I've taught them to appreciate the storms, and not be afraid of them. The kids get so excited to hear thunder in the distance, and they run to the window or beg to go outside. I told Jade God was watering the plants. Cute right? Hey whatever works!
Oh, don't you just love that sunset? We have them like that EVERY NIGHT.





So, here are some pics of the living/kitchen/dining area.

8 comments:

Heather said...

Oh how nice! I bet it feels great to stretch out and have all that room. The cleaning will come and it will feel like home in no time. Congrats!

HeRO5 from bbc

Anonymous said...

I supah love it -- it looks so perfect for you guys! I really wanna come visit and see your new place, lady. Kiss the kidlets from me!

xxoo

Mindy said...

You posted!! I agree about the thunderstorms, theyre great here!! Nice house...is that i big white rock I see in the front yard?!! JK!!

Anonymous said...

LOL!

mushbelly said...

your house looks huge and amazing! And I can't believe you already have pictures up on the walls. It usually takes me a good six months to get around to that.

Marie B. said...

I still dont have pics on the wall either!
Ruby, the house looks great and I'm glad you are back blogging. How is everything? Are you meeting any friends?

Thora said...

I'm so glad you love it, because you make me soooooo homesick!
Ahhh, nothing like the desert.
I used to go out and dance in those rain storms... sigh.

I must say, I am very very impressed that you cleaned your grout, and you said you were domestically challenged. HA!

Hugs and love

Carrie said...

Hehe! Thora, the only reason I scrubbed the grout was because our feet were turning black. I figured I probably should take care of it!

Mindy--white rocks? What white rocks? *wink wink*