Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Goin' to the chapel and we're gonna get ma-a-a-ried...

So we finally did it! We tied the knot after 5 years of togetherness and 2 kids. I guess you could say it's about damn time. Vegas was a blast. I didn't realize how tiring it would be with a 2 and a half year old, and a 3 month old baby. Everything takes twice as long with the kiddies around. But it was fun just the same. I swear Jade must already be teething or something because she keeps eating her hand ALL DAY LONG. Plus she's been such a grumpy butt lately. I remember Jared at 3 months started teething, but didn't actually get teeth until he was about 6 months.
Okay, so anyway, back to the Vegas mumbo jumbo. Sunday night we pretty much walked up and down the strip watching the drunkards make fools of themselves while singing "Margaritaville" at the outdoor Karaoke bar. Pretty funny to watch I'd have to say. Jared enjoyed Excallibur and the volcano at the Mirage. We didn't get a chance to see the water show at the Bellagio though. I was really looking forward to that. We also missed the pirate show at Treasure Island, which Jared was bummed about. But I think we are going back in a few months anyway, and we will stay a little longer.
So the next day, Monday was valentines Day. After we gorged ouselves at the Circus Circus buffet for breakfast we went to the adventure dome for some rides and games. We had a great time, and Jared went on his first "mini" roller coaster. I swear the poor kid held on for dear life! At least he cracked a smile for a quick picture though.
After all the hullabaloo we headed off to the Marriage license bureau. So we go inside and get the license. Yada yada yada. Outside there are limmos with "wedding recruiters" to wisk you away to a romantic Las Vegas $40 wedding at the Las Vegas Wedding Chapel of Love. No, I am not kidding. Well, you can't beat 40 bucks for a wedding plus limmo ride right? So off we went wearing our jeans and all to this cute little wedding chapel. We got the whole Las Vegas wedding experience (minus Elvis) complete with an 8x10 photo, a rose and a sweet, romantic 10 minute ceremony in a cozy room under an archway donned with flowers and vines. It was actually quite nice. I know it may sound a little cheezy, but to me it was one of the most beautiful moments of my life. I had a hard time getting through my vows. I tried not to break into my "ugly cry" so I took my time. I have a lovely ruby ring adorned with diamond rounds set in a platinum ring. It totally suits me. It's not one of those "bling bling" rings, but I couldn't ask for a better one. Good job honey, I LOVE it! I don't remember what we said to each other word for word in those 10 minutes, but I do know we promised to love each other through better or worse for forever. Those wonderful words are some that I will never forget.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Aww, thanks Robin!

Daph said...

I said it before, and I'll say it again, "CONGRATULATIONS!" LOL It's too bad that you can't come out this weekend, but with the way the rain was coming down this morning I totally don't blame you. Can't wait to get together soon, though, I miss you!