Monday, February 28, 2005

Ode to my Jared monster

The moment I found out I was preganant with you was one that was full of surprise
You should have see the happiness in your daddy's beautiful eyes
As I carried you around inside I felt that for sure you were a boy
But I didn't realize how much I would love you and how my life would be filled with such joy.
I remember the day you first smiled at me, it was a moment I'll never forget.
I knew right there and then I'd love you forever, and I wouldn't have any regrets.
When you took your first steps, I smiled at you and eagerly cheered you on
knowing you were growing up, and your baby days were gone.
As the months went by I proudly watched you as you grew,
I watched you run and climb and play, as little boys often do.
I remember thinking how fast time seems to be flying by
and how I will cherish every bedtime story and snuggle I get at night.
It's amazing how fast you are growing up, I can't believe my eyes.
Before I know it, you'll be going to school and playing baseball with the guys.
Today you turn three and I love you more then I ever have before.
I can't wait to see how your life plays out, and all the wonderful things that are in store.
But for now you are still my little Jared monster, I'll enjoy it while it lasts,
and when I am holding your own baby boy, I'll think fondly of the past.
So happy birthday sweetheart, my handsome little boy
May each day be filled with fond memories of happiness and joy.

Love, Mommy

5 comments:

Carrie said...

awww, thanks robin!

SuperP. said...

I second robin's motion.. *teary*

Daph said...

Honey, that was so sweet! You're such an awesome mommy. Are you sure you wrote that, or did you steal it from a Hallmark card? It's okay to tell me the truth... you KNOW you ain't gotta lie to kick it.

Seriously, though, I really really love it.

Give Jared a big hug and a kiss from all of us, and a kick in the pants, and tell him happy (yesterday) birthday.

Daph said...

Honey, that was so sweet! You're such an awesome mommy. Are you sure you wrote that, or did you steal it from a Hallmark card? It's okay to tell me the truth... you KNOW you ain't gotta lie to kick it.

Seriously, though, I really really love it.

Give Jared a big hug and a kiss from all of us, and a kick in the pants, and tell him happy (yesterday) birthday.

Carrie said...

Yes, I did actually write it. Can't you tell by my horrible grammar? It's the first poem I have ever written, except maybe when I was in 8th grade or something. I was a little hesitant to post it because, well, it's not written horribly well. But oh well, it's the thought that counts, right?