Friday, February 25, 2005

Rant

I'm so frustrated today. Hy apartment smells like trash and there are nasty dishes all over the kitchen. There's dirty laundry in the hall, the guest bathroom smells like pee, and the living room has "Justice League" action figures all over the place. On top of all that, Jade has been trying to eat my head, but refuses to nurse, AND she screamed for an hour and a half today. PLUS, Jared has just been sitting in his room for the past 2 and half hours sucking his damn thumb watching cartoons. All he wants to do now is lay around the house and watch "Teen Titans" or "Justice League". That's it. He has no desire to play AT ALL. He doesn't want to go outside, he doesnt' want to read books, no play-dough, no puzzles, nothing. Just tv. ALL. DAY. LONG. I feel lazy like I haven't accomplished anything, and I really hate that feeling. I think I'm going to get my ass up and clean the damn kitchen, and make Jared help me. I feel like a horrible mom. No more tv for Jared. Sonofabitch, Jade just woke up.

2 comments:

SuperP. said...

I am with you. Yesterday, I just cleaned my house - spring clean style top to bottom for the second time this week and right now, I have paint all over the kitchen table, painted paper all over the kitchen floor, one laundry hamper dumped over in the living room, dirty dishes from last night and today in the sink, muddy boot prints in the entrance way and vhs cassette jackets strew all over the hallway. I just put Oee to bed and looked around to assess the post-Oee tidy and thought ..uh.. F*CK THIS. It never ends, does it. As for the television.. unplug it or threaten to throw it out. I have. Oee gets it and she is two. She has 'quiet time' playing in her room with her babies. Sometimes she has a fit and then she has 'fit time' in her room with the door closed and mommy has 'I am pretending I can't hear you and you are not watching television time' downstairs. I love my Oee, but sometimes I think that when we procreate, we must be temporarily insane.

Daph said...

What IS IT with kids and t.v.?? We don't even HAVE t.v. anymore, only dvds, and Marissa acts like they are her oxygen, or something. Let the house go, for a bit. Put the trash on the balcony, shut the bathroom door, let Jared and Jade play with knives, and go take a nap.

My house was clean and beautiful, until Bryan had his two days off. Now it's a royal disaster, and I have tons of laundry to do, and I don't feel like doing ANYTHING. He is my kryptonite, I guess. He sucks out ALL my willpower.

So, in summation, screw the kids, screw the house. Wrestle the remote away from Jared, tell him to SHUT IT and go watch some Oprah. That will make you feel muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better.