Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Hollywood

Okay I think it's about time to update! My house smells like trash right now, I hate that. I like to wake up in the morning and walk out to a nice, clean living room and kitchen. Nope!! We had broccoli last night and it stinks because I threw the rest away. I hate broccoli smell. My kitchen is a mess because I made apple bran muffins last night for Doug to take to work in the mornings. These aren't just any muffins, mind you. They are 6-week bran muffins. The batter lasts for 6 weeks in the fridge and the recipe yields some 6 or 7 dozen. So, I've got apple shavings and crap all over my floor.

So, anyhow, Sunday we took a day trip into Hollywood. It was a much needed break from the monotony of my domestic duties. The weather was nice, the traffic wasn't bad, Jared was in a great mood, and Jade slept most of the day. We parked in a parking garage, (5$ to park of course) and walked along Hollywood Blvd. Out in front of Mann's Chinese Theater there were a dozen or so impersonators. We got pictures with Spiderman, Wonder Woman, and that pirate from " Pirates of the Caribbean", you know, the Johnny Depp character. Batman was a dick. He was picking on the retards. (sorry, that was really un- pc, what I meant was "learning impaired" or some crap like that.) Some poor "learning impaired" kid was walking along with his fake plastic star wars light saber, when Batman snatched it out of his hand and stuck it in the poor kids face and started making fun of him! Jared really wanted a picture with Batman, but Doug told him that particular batman was fake and MEAN. ( I think batman heard, I'm not really sure) Anyway, I felt bad for Jared, but at least he got one with Spiderman, he was really cool.
So towards to end of the day, we all went to the Build a Bear Workshop. Mandi (Doug's sister) and her husband Billy, and their son Holden were with us, and Mandi wanted to get Holden a bear.
Okay, for those of you that don't know, this "Build a Bear Workshop", or whatever it's actually called is a rich kids heaven. What you do is you pick out any teddy bear in the store and you stuff it, buy clothes, shoes, sunglasses, hats, whatever. You basically get to make your own bear. Then you get to name it and they print out a little birth certificate for you. And by the time you are done, you've spent like 50 bucks on a friggin bear. Yeah, cute. So Mandi is picking out her bear all it's accessories when this huge group of kids comes for a birthday party at the store. Like 10-12 8 year olds come running into the store excited as can be. The store manager is the host of the party and he says "Okay how many of you have been here before?" All of them raise their hand. Then I hear "I have 3", and "Well I have 5". Five? Five build a bears? Rich little brats.
So anyway, while their little party is going on, Doug an I are standing near the exit because Billy is buying their bear. All the sudden I hear this loud BANG and the window rattling. I look over toward the noise and I see Jared walking away from the window. That bang was Jareds HEAD on the window. Apparently, he thought it was a doorway, because right outside the window is a sidewalk. Doug saw the whole thing. I guess he decided to take a flying leap into the window. Poor guy. He was really embarrassed, and he had a huge bump on his head. Now the bump has gone down but there is a nasty bruise on his forehead.
Even with that little accident, we had a pretty good day. It was really nice to be out.

1 comments:

Daph said...

Girl, that was too DAMN FUNNY! You know what cracks me up? When Marissa was up north she came home with one of those damn stupid build-a-bear thingies. Pissed me off! Yah, it totally is a rich kid thing, and you know how I feel about richies. LMAO

Sounds like you guys had a good time. I have to admit I'm jealous... I would've liked to go with you to Hollywood instead of Billy (the lapdanceking) and Mandy, but it's cool. I'll try not to be too bitter, and I'll be happy that you guys had a good time. :)