Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I am back!!






I've been going through blogger withdrawals, but I've been too lazy to post. But no more!

Last week we went up to Big Bear for a family camp out. Doug's brother Zach is deploying to Iraq in few weeks, and this was the one thing he really wanted to do. It was fun I suppose. The first day we were there we sat our butts around the campground and got eaten by mosquitoes. (I posted a picture of my lovely bites so you could all feel sorry for me. The swelling in my ankle has gone down considerably, but it sure was nasty looking wasn't it?)I think we were too lazy and too hot to hike. That night, we put the kids to bed around 9, and the adults decided to play cards. Wouldn't you just know a flipping BLACK BEAR was going through the trash cans only a few yards away from us and our sleeping babies? Yeeeaaah. We scared it off, only to have him come back a few minutes later. This time when we scared him off, he ran towards MY tent. Right behind it in fact. I don't think I mentioned to you all that Doug actually had to work those three days, and he WASN'T THERE. Luckily the bear was frightened enough to run off into the woods and we didn't see him again that night. As you can imagine I was freaking out. Just a little. After I saw how close he was to my tent I decided I'd better go to bed with my sleeping children and somehow protect them (with my fists?) from the bear who I was sure would come back and maul us all. I immediately put my purse in the car which had gum and chap stick in it, just to make sure he had no reason to bother us. I was still scared though, and I think I prayed myself to sleep!

The next day we went to the lake and had a great time. No one got sunburned even! How cool is that! Anyway, that was the gist of my week. Oh, and it looks like we'll be moving to AZ in the next month. I'll post more about that later.

7 comments:

Marie B. said...

AZ! THat is crazy! I have missed you. I check here every day and I was so happy you resurfaced!
I want to hear all about it and maybe we should meet sooner than later. Want to do a play date at Disney?

Anonymous said...

Um yeah......those mosquito bites are NOT zesty. I have some too, but not as many as you got! UGH. Do they itch worse than last week? I told Zach I had fun other than the bugs and the gag-ish outhouse...LOL I actually would've liked to have seen the bear. Too bad I am a party pooper.

Lacey said...

Oh. My. HECK!! That is so scary!! You're moving to AZ? Move to my neck'a'the'woods!!

Smith Family said...

That's pretty scary. We're going to go camping in a few weeks. That makes me a bit nervous! Our mosquito season hasn't started yet. Last year we were just moving in and the kids looked like they all had chicken pocks. It was a terrible season!

Happily Ever After said...

Yikes! That's really a Big Bear experience! We're going to be going there soon, but not camping...so I don't think we'll have the excitement you had! Aside from the skeeters and hungry bear it looks like you had fun!

Stacey said...

Eeek Ruby!! We were nervous about seeing some bears on our recent camping trip but I guess it rained too much for them to venture out. That's so funny that we have both blogged about our recent camping trips. Ouch on the bug bites though! I guess that's one plus for the rain we had, it kept the bugs away.

Stacey said...

Oh and how could I forget to say how freaking excited I am that you are moving over here! YAY!!!!!