Sunday, July 27, 2008

I've changed my mind about Peoria.







This is Anthem. It's 20 miles north of Phoenix. It's a golf course community with a little water park in the center of town. It has a gaggle of parks, and one of them even has a fishing lake! How cool is that! Oh, AND it has an outlet malll. The town itself is 4 miles long and most of the homes are 6 years old or less. This is soooo my kind of place. Except...I don't golf. But who CARES!! It has a waterpark! And a fishing lake! And a gaggle of parks!!

I just realized my new profile pic looks kind of scary--like I'm about to hunt you down or something. I'll leave it up for now. Maybe it'll scare off any icky stalkers--not to be confused with my regular stalkers. (People, I know you read even though you don't leave comments. I'm okay with that, I do it too.)

12 comments:

Lacey said...

Oooo, Anthem is nice, too! I'm so excited you're moving to Arizona!

Stacey said...

Okay, granted Anthem is really nice but you gotta stop! You are getting further away from me. Wahhhh! Okay okay, reality check for myself, I know your living arrangements have nothing to do with me I just had to throw my whining in somewhere. I'm really thrilled you are going to be in the same state so I'll stop now. But I do think you should know that Gilbert is very very nice, *wink wink*. We don't have any water parks though, darn.

Carrie said...

I know Stacey! I really wanted to move to Gilbert, but Doug said the commute was too far. His warehouse is in northern Phoenix, and Anthem is closer for him. Ugh. We'll still totally get together though. We can meet somewhere in the middle!

Anonymous said...

But that house is cute!! Oh, and yes, your profile pic is a little scary, only because its so small. The regular size pic makes you look great! :)

Carrie said...

LOL Kelly, you crack me up!

That house IS cute, and I really wanted it, but there's already an application pending. So unless he gets denied for some reason, we won't get it. :( That's why I started looking other places.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and if you do move here, we are DEFINITELY coming to visit often! hahahaha~! ;)

Bethany said...

Anthem has got to be the best place "in the valley". i would choose that over any other place down there. i love all the parks, rec centers, and that huge park. we go there every time we come down to shop. good luck! exciting times.
-bethany (betnotbe in flag)

your plug on bbc worked!

Mindy said...

Wow that looks so nice! But I still vote for Peoria! Can normal everyday folk use their waterpark?

Carrie said...

LOL. I don't think it's an exclusive water park or anything. You should come up play with us!

Providing we actually find a house there of course.

Bethany said...

my friend has found a lot of rentals in anthem through craigslist. she's dying to get out of flag and wants to move to anthem. she even found a 1900 sq. ft. for $999. sounds like a steal! good luck.

Carrie said...

Wow. I didn't even think about Craiglist. Thanks Bethany!

Thora said...

Just make sure all those summer park trips are MORNING trips.
Hugs honey, good luck deciding!