Wednesday, July 23, 2008

In 30 years

Here's what I've learned about myself:

~I'll never be completely comfortable in my own skin.
~I'll always be self-conscious, and it's not something I'll ever "grow out of"
~I have a wild side which, no matter how hard I try to stifle it and be as conservative as my parents, will always seem rear it's head.
~Patience is one of my biggest struggles.
~I'm always more concerned about what other people think of me, than what I think of myself.
~I'm a follower
~The history of the world is my passion.
~Sushi isn't really gross.
~Classic rock is far better than rap.
~If I could have any talent of my choosing, it would be singing.
~The gospel actually DOES make sense.
~The study of medicine isn't gross at all. In fact, it's fascinating.
~I'll never have a lot of friends. A handfull of good ones is all I need.
~I'm stronger than I thought I was.
~Sometimes I just gotta dance.
~I'll always be disorganized, and the thought of organization gives me a panic attack.
~I'm intuitive
~I'm needy, and constantly searching for approval.
~I do not hide anything. My life is an open book.
~I am not beauty-savvy. I do not know how to apply make-up correctly, or style my hair.
~I have no "decorating sense"
~I LOVE food.
~Big bugs make me scream.
~Being married and a mother is not what I expected it to be.
~I must go back to Europe.
~I love science fiction.
~I don't have a crafty bone in my body.
~I'm kind of lazy, and I could sit around all day and to nothing if I really wanted to.
~I'm obsessed with the Olympics, and I cannot miss ANYTHING.
~Music can literally move me to tears.
~I'll always be interested in the supernatural.
~My family feels incomplete.
~I'm very compassionate.
~I don't feel like an adult, even though I'm 30.

This list will be interesting to reflect on in 10 years.

Doug's taking me to see "The Dark Knight" tonight, and then we'll drive to Valencia to go to dinner at Fridays. I'm looking forward to their Jack Daniel's steak and shrimp. The kids both made me cute little birthday cards. They were so sweet this morning!

3 comments:

Kate said...

I love your honesty and your humility and I love you. Does your DH read your blog? Is there a posibility you an get the house? I will keep my toes crossed for you. Isn't a new life exciting?Make it a great new life honey, you all deserve it.

Carrie said...

Thanks Kate. You're so sweet! I don't think dh reads my blog. He knows about it though. I think he'd probably just laugh at the things I write!

He DOES know which house I want, but I've shown him so many he can't remember. We're actually going to sit down and talk about that today.

Stacey said...

I too love your honesty, it's so refreshing. There are so many things on your list that had me going "me too." We really do have a lot in common and I can't wait to meet you in person.