Monday, July 21, 2008

We're outta here!


It's time to tell you all the news, which many of you already know. Doug got transferred to Phoenix. Now, to many of you Phoenix may sound like the depths of hell since the summers last six months or so. But to us, it may be a new life, with an actual HOUSE with a YARD, and a GARAGE. We are so sick of living in the meth capitol of the state, where the crime rate is well above the national average.

Since we've lived here:
~ we've heard gunshots twice in our apartment complex.
~ We've heard death threats made to other tenants at 3am.
~Jared's school was put on lockdown 3 times within a 2 month period, which means an assault or burglary was made in the neighborhood with the criminal on the loose.
~ Our neighbor tried to start a fight with us when we asked him to turn down his stereo at 11:00 at night.
~I clean other people's lint out of the communal dryer.
~The pool is literally cloudy.
~The city built a TON of section 8 housing out here for the LA scumbags to relocate to.
~My car was backed into, and now they are blaming ME, and claiming injury.
~The murder rate statistics are just about 14 times higher than the Phoenix suburb we'll be moving to.
~Directly across the street from my in laws, a man was shot in the face with a shotgun.
~The schools here are among the worst in the state.

I'm soooo ready for a change. I'll definitely sweat my butt off in AZ, but I'll take the heat any day for a better life for the kids.

We leave in less than 30 days. Hallelujah!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I already told you, I am sad to see you guys go, but excited for you as well! :)

Carrie said...

Yeah, it's going to be REALLY hard to move away from you guys. But, we will visit a lot for sure.

Nicole said...

Congrats Carrie! Is Lancaster really the Meth capitol of the state?? *sigh* My sister lives there you know.....the one that when I saw her last time I thought "wow, she looks like one of those meth ads" nice. Glad you will be getting out of there!

Marie B. said...

I lived in Phoenix for a summer and it really wasnt that bad, I really had fun. Plus, where you live you should be used to the heat. Do you need any help?

Carrie said...

Nicole, that's what I've read from two different reviews of Lancaster. BUT I haven't seen any statistical proof of that.
I do know there are a LOT of meth labs out here though.

Marie, I don't think I'll be needing help. I think I'll be okay. Thanks hon!

Lacey said...

We're going to be only a few hours away from eachother! We MUST meet up sometime!

Carrie said...

I completely agree Lacey!!

Stacey said...

Yay Ruby!!!!! I'm really really excited! I haven't been online much the last week or so so I'm getting to this way late but I still had to comment.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!