Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Recipe Review--edited


The Daily Bite fans have been asked to review their favorite recipe. So, I'm going to steal their pictures of liquid gold (or buttermilk syrup if you want to be all "technical") and tell you all to throw your rice cakes out the window and just EAT IT.

So, here's what you do for the most FANTASTIC topping to pancakes, waffles, or french toast--maybe even vanilla ice cream:
Go here

Okay, now that I've given you the recipe, go make it. DO IT. I'm telling you this syrup is WAAAAAAYYY better then maple. And, if you're like me you'll need to make it for dinner because I can't handle eating spoonfuls of that stuff in the morning. Yes, I said spoonfuls.

That site also has a ton of other great recipes I've tried. The fajitas are fantastic, and so are their spicey honey chicken and french dip sandwiches.

Now go out there and make some buttermilk syrup!!

4 comments:

Lacey said...

Mmmm, that looks good. I will certainly have to try it, but only AFTER I fit into this bridesmaid dress!

mushbelly said...

my mom makes a buttermilk syrup that is divine! It looks lighter than this one....I wonder how similar the recipes are. The grandkids call my mom's syrup marshmallow syrup - its amazing.

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Man I love that stuff, but I must be more woman than your because I can totally throw it down in the am! haha. Thanks for the shout-out girlie ;)

Anonymous said...

Being male, I doubt I possess the skills necessary to make such a thing, but I'm all for Christa giving it a shot, if you can talk her into it, lol.