Sunday, July 27, 2008

Packing is a pain in my big white booty.

Some of you may know from my earlier post how completely unorganized and scatterbrained I can be. I literally do NOT know how to put things together in a clean, organized way. Luckily for me, my good friend Donnie came out this weekend. She's freakishly good at cleaning and organizing, and she worked her magic on the kids' room. We packed up their closet, with the exception of a few clothing items to get them through the next two weeks. We also tackled the toy chests, under the beds, the dresser, the games, and all but one little corner in their room. I'm embarrassed to say that it took just over 5 hours to complete the process. The room was such a disaster, that when she moved the dresser, clothes were literally stuck to the walls. So,here's the before shot. (Note: everything has been pushed to the center of the room. This is NOT how the room normally looks. I needed to point that out. Child protective services would crap themselves. It's my blog, and I can say crap.)







And here's where we put all the junk. Notice it's all put back in a clean, organized way.



Donnie decided we must reward ourselves with pedis and manis, so we headed off to the spa the next morning. Although, I have to say I'm soooo not used to being pampered, and the ladies at the spa thought it was hilarious when I was giggling as my feet were being scrubbed. It tickles. Shut up. It DOES!


The worst part of the spa experience? Getting something taken care of that I've been neglecting for 30 years. My eyebrows. I've always tried to cover them up with my glasses or bangs, but sadly it was time to conform to society and wax them. They're not quite as thin as they look in the picture. Donnie said she could hear me yelping in pain at the front of the spa.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, that looks like Marissa's room does 84% of the time. That's awesome that it's all done, in 5 hours. It takes us, generally, about 5 days to hit a mess like that. Snap!, too, that's a super picture of you.

cyndi said...

Oh you are just too brutally honest. I usually take the mess out of my kids room and shove it al in mine and then lock my door. Then the rest of the house looks perfect. . . almost perfect.
Good for you going and getting pampered! You deserve it :)

Stacey said...

Your brows look great! Good pic of you.

Kate said...

OOOhhhh love the eyebrow do. And come on it didn;t hurt that bad. It is a good release of frustration. Ahhh. It hurts so good!