Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A setback

Sunday night I had the best time, and now I kind of feel like crap. Doug and I were invited out to "Howl at the Moon". It's a dueling piano bar in Hollywood where they play anything from The Beatles, to Guns and Roses--whatever is requested. The audience participates and it's a really GREAT time. They actually get a full band going after about 9 or so. I told Doug I wouldn't drink. He really wanted me to-- I guess my sobriety is a killjoy of sorts. I swore to myself I wouldn't. As soon as I got there and smelled the place I caved under pressure. A few rum and cokes later I found myself and a few other 30-something moms rocking out on stage to "Pour Some Sugar On Me". Luckily for me, the proof that I can shake my groove thang was hindered by the crappy video quality of Doug's phone. I wonder if it's possible to have that much fun while sober. *Sigh*. Probably not.

Back to square one. I was doing so well.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Ah Ruby, don't beat yourself up too bad. Slip ups happen to everyone. You are human, and that is what repentance is for right? It sounds like you had a great time though, and that is always a plus!! Seriously girl, let it go and move on.

Lacey said...

I was going to say pretty much the same thing as Stacey! Don't beat yourself up about it. Part of growing is stumbling, and part of learning is mistaking.

Krystin said...

There is a place like that here in Orange County as well.. And yes you can have that much fun sober. My DH and I do it all the time!

When you start to get down just remember what Hannah Montana said, "everybody makes mistakes..everybody has those days"