Wednesday, March 09, 2005

I think I've had an epiphany

So last night I was thinking about myself, my future, things I want to accomplish, my hopes, dreams, things of that sort. What if I decided to go back to school to someday become.............................................. a preschool teacher???? Maybe it sounds a little lame to some of you, but for this non-career oriented stay-at-home-mom, it sounds like my cup of tea. I can take a few classes at the college and over a period of time get my associates degree in Child Education. Then in a few years, when my kids are older, I'd maybe like to work part-time at a preschool. It totally suits me. I love to read to my kids, do art projects with Jared, I teach him letter and number recognition, he knows the sounds of each letter. Hell, I'm already a preschool teacher, I just have one student! Having some type of degree will give me that sense of accomplishment I am needing in my life, and what could be more fun then learning about children? Maybe I could be a licensed child-care giver, have day care out of my home? Maybe someday. Yep, I think that's what I want to do. Hey, how about that? I've got it all figured out! I am really excited to start this. Summer semester, here I come baby!

1 comments:

SuperP. said...

That is great news, Rubyjade! It's so empowering and exciting when you find something you love and decide to move forward with it. Good for you. I bet your kids will just LOVE you! I look forward to reading your journey with this. Good Luck and God Bless!