Saturday, March 12, 2005

I've seen this done on other people's blogs

and since I don't have anything much to say, I thought this might be kinda fun

Some things you probably didn't know about me:

~I used to wear braces in middle school
~I took 10 years of piano lessons, and was at one point a pretty accomplished classical pianist (don't have access to a piano now though)
~ I've been to 7 countries in Europe, mostly paid for by money I earned teaching piano lessons in high school.
~My son, Jared was born 9lbs, 10oz and it took three and a half hours to push him out.
~Jade was born an hour after I arrived at the hospital with no drugs whatsoever. My throat was sore the next day because of all the screaming. Yep folks I was one of those people you see on TLC where they are screaming their head off. That was totally me. Right there. (Jade ended up being small, only 8lbs, 12oz!)
~I grew up mormon, and my dad's a bishop
~I was a drummer in the high school marching band
~I barely graduated high school
~I worked as a store manager at a Ritz Camera in Berkeley while I was pregnant with Jared
~We didn't give our kids names that both start with "J" on purpose
~I made it halfway through boot camp for the Army. (I am a wimp, I say! I have no clue as to why I joined the Army, totally not my thing)
~I'm a sappy, sensitive, emotionally clingy person. This is both good and bad.
~ I breastfed both children successfully. Jared for over a year.
~I bought myself a new pair of Vans and the new kick ass Dyson vacuum tonight. I can't wait to vacuum tomorrow!
~ I LOVE Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, and The Matrix.
~ I love love love broadway musicals. "The Sound of Music" is one of my fav's along with "Les Miserables"
~ I've never been skiing or snowboarding
~ I used to LOVE rap music and actually had some woofers in my car. Until they got stolen.
~Disneyland is my favorite place, probably because I am such a dreamer.

There's more. But I'm tired and I'm off to bed for now.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I HAVE heard that about James Dyson. I can't excatly remember what the hooplah was about, something with the Canadian government? Not sure.
I worked at Ritz Camera on Center St. in downtown.

Carrie said...

Oh, I think I really wanted to be somewhat of a bad-ass, so I joined the Army. I didn't really know myself all that well back then. Now i know I'm a sensitive wuss by nature, just part of who I am.

Daph said...

I checked out those vacuums, and HOLY SHIT I would never EVER pay that much money for a vacuum! $100 is my limit, LOL. I hope it works really really well, and also does dishes and puts Jared in time-out for you, too. :)

Yeah, I knew all that stuff about you already. Except for the screaming thing. You never told me THAT! hahaheeheehoooohooo

SuperP. said...

Love this post!!

Vans rock. Woofers are neccessary. And.. 8lbs, 12oz!??