Thursday, May 05, 2005

impending doom?

I had another water dream last night. I don't have much to blog about these days, so I thought I'd share my dream. It was quite a bit different then the last time.

Doug, the kids and I were visiting my parents who live about 90 miles away, probably for Mother's Day. After dinner, Doug and my father went into the garage to look at something. While they were out there, it started to rain. The rain started out light, and became heavier and heavier. Pretty soon it was pouring, and you could hear the rain so loudly on the roof, you had to raise your voice just to be heard. My mom and I were looking out the window, and we were worried because we were planning to leave within the hour. In a matter of minutes, the ground was saturated and the streets were beginning to flood. Water was rushing quickly down the street, and it started to churn at the intersection by my parents house. My mother and I could hear the clap of thunder off in the distance, and we both knew I wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Just then, the street on the side of their house upheavled, and the sidewalk was completely covered in mud and debris. Muddy water was rushing down the street, and huge twigs were stuck in the gaping cracks made by the flood. Water was churning and swirling like a whirlpool, and it would suck down anything that came rushing by.

Doug and my dad came back into the house from the garage. Doug asked if I was ready to go. I looked at him like he was crazy, and told him to look outside. As he did so, the sun was shining, and the sky was beautiful. The streets were still flooded though, and I told him we would be staying there for the night.

I looked up flood online, and this is what it said. Weird. I've been under a lot of stress lately, ALOT. I'm wondering if I need to take some meds for anxiety or stress or something. I don't think I'm depressed, I'm just mad all the time, and I'm turning into a royal bitch, especially when it comes to Jared. Poor little guy, I feel badly when I'm mean to him, but he's in that very defiant independent stage right now, and it drives me nuts. Dealing with that is stressful. I think I'll make an appointment to get a massage next week. I need a cleansing. I hope that helps.


By the way, I think it's going to rain today.