Tuesday, May 31, 2005

an ending to a saga

Yesterday Doug and I went on our first date in 8 months. When I mean date, I mean anywhere at all, without the kids. We saw Star Wars. Finally, and thank god. Doug saw it opening day of course. I am a huge fan and have been dying to see it. Growing up, before I had Strawberry Shortcake or Cabbage Patch dolls, I had Star Wars action figures. The neighbor boy down the street always came over to play, and he was Luke Skywalker, and I of course was Princess Leah. I had all the cool star ships, the posters on my wall, and my dad took me to the first showing in L.A. of Return of the Jedi when I was three. (my brother was not born yet, so I served as both son and daughter. I didn't mind) We waited a loooong time, but it was awesome. I think it was the first time I'd ever been the the movies. I thought the actors were real people behind the screen, and we were watching their story. I remember wanting to open the exit door at the front of the theater and watch Luke Skywalker in action. Luke was soooo cool, and I wanted to meet him, and the Ewoks. They were cuddly.

Anyway, what a wonderful ending to the story. I mean...it sucked actually. Not the movie itself, just how it all ended. I mean, I know he's eventually going to be Darth Vadar, obviously. I just really liked the damn character, and I couldn't help hoping he would change his mind at the end, like all good guys do. It really was more emotional then I thought it would be. It's like watching the movie Titanic. You know it's going to sink, even before you sit down to watch it, but damned if you don't feel shitty when it does, you know? All in all, it was wonderful. The story in it's entirety has been told, and I'm quite sad that it's over. But.... Narnia comes out this fall, and it's going to be awesome. From what I've heard, they are doing all the Chronicles of Narnia over several movies. Those were some of my favorite books as a kid. Maybe I'll read the first one this summer again.

In other news, I'm going to see a doctor on Thursday. I'm pretty sure I'm having some post partum issues, or as Doug says, I'm going psycho. I'll see what I can do to remedy that, even if it means taking some "crazy pills". I'll do whatever it takes to be a better mom, and right now, I'm not a very nice one.