Tuesday, June 10, 2008

This man makes me feel good.



I don't know why I haven't discovered the world of this rastafari genius before today. For some reason it was Bob Marley marathon day, and for the first time I actually listened to his music. Maybe it was all the ganja he smoked, but his words inspired me, the melodic repetitiveness relaxed me, and the percussive rhythm had my body swaying as I was driving down sierra highway. I think I even rolled down the window. I mean... I "got" it. There is so much of his soul in those songs, and all I could think about was how everything would be alright. I could literally feel my muscles relax and my cares melt away, and I imagined myself sitting on a beach in the Caribbean with the sand in my toes and the wind in my hair.

The guy was just cool.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Yeah his music is so relaxing. Oh but now it kinda reminds me of "I Am Legend" whenever I hear it. Which isn't so relaxing but whatever.

Marie B. said...

Ruby, I have worn out his CD and have bought most of his music. The best is a Sunday drive and Bob.
Try this next time. Get in your most comfortable underwear, ( I like cotton boxer briefs and a wife beater). Go outside and crank it up. Sip something ( non alcoholic for you) and have a chocolate croissant with Bob singing to you in the background. Heaven..... trust me.

Carrie said...

Marie I gotta do that! I can't go outside in my underware though because of the joys of apartment living. But lounging around the house is what I do best anyway. I keep hearing about choclate croissants, and they sound delicious. Where do you find them?

Marie B. said...

Go to Trader Joes and buy some there in the forzen food section. You have to put them out the night before you go to bed and when you wake up they will be risen and ready to go in the oven.
Also while you are there I would pick up the mojito drink. It's non alcoholic and delish.
Lounging in underwear is so fun, especially with Bob and a mojito.

Lacey said...

The only time I've listened to Bob Marley's music was when Jason Castro sang a few of his songs on AI. I get the feeling he didn't do him justice.