Sunday, June 08, 2008

We went cherry pickin'!






I decided to stop sabotaging my weekend, so we all piled in the car and headed off to the cherry orchards! It ended up being a beautiful day, and now I can't remember what I was so pissy about. Oh, and HOLY COW about all the comments I received on my last post! I feel like one of the popular girls in high school. There's a first time for everything!

We ended up picking just over six pounds. I forsee jam making in my very near future. I'll blog about it for you all to see. Maybe I'll do it "daily bite-style" with cool pics of each step too. Jared just ended K and so this week we'll be bored out of our minds. I think we'll make some jams and pies together. I'll go ahead and call it a project, even though I don't "do" those.

Anyway, I'm in a much better mood now. It's amazing what a little sun and fresh air can do.

7 comments:

Stacey said...

Yay for being happy!!! So glad your mood was turned around. I wanna go cherry picking, I've never been and it looks like so much fun. And you are right, it's amazing what a little fresh air can do, it's just getting your rear out the door that's the hard part.

Bethany said...

I am anxious to see what all you do with your cherries. I need lots of ideas when our cherries start to ripen!

kelara said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!! I can't wait for the kids to be done Friday. I may change my tune next week though....hahahaha!

Lacey said...

I LOVE making jam! It's one of the few things I'm good at and always makes me feel accomplished. It's so easy too! Glad you're feeling better!

Marie B. said...

Can I just say how cute you are!

Mindy said...

looks like fun! Have fun with your "projects"!

Lyns said...

Jade's a mini you!! How cute is she??? I'm totally jealous of your good weather! Will you PLEASE send me some?? Quit hogging it all!! LOL!!