Monday, June 30, 2008

The weekend in a nutshell.

Saturday found Jade and I shopping for a swimsuit - for me. Does anyone dread this as much as I do? I'd *almost* rather go to the DMV. Almost.

We started at Target where pretty much ALL the tankinis were sold out. Jade swore I'd look cute in a little string bikini, and put the same yellow one in the cart at least 5 times. Maybe if I obliged her and tried it on in the dressing room, she'd have seen how completely wrong she was. Anyway, disappointed, we left and drove out 10 miles or so to Kohl's. They had a slightly better selction, but it still took us about 2 hours to finally find one that actually fits right. I have small boobs and a huge booty, so the top of my suit is two sizes smaller than the bottoms! I finally settled on a cute floral-looking top, and a little tennis-looking skirt for the bottom. I actually really like it, and it's slimming in all the right places! Woot!

Let's seeeee. Sunday found us driving around Lancaster to find Guitar Hero 4. We finally did, at Game Stop - and they about kicked us out because they were closing. The guy was being a real jerk about it too. Maybe he had a hot date that night or something. GH4 is pretty cool. It's a tribute to Aerosmith, and has some pretty great songs on there.

After the kids went to bed, Doug and I watched "Enemy at the Gates" with (yummy) Jude Law and Rachel Weiz. Being the history nerd I am, I couldn't stop thinking about it this morning, so I just spent a couple hours (instead of cleaning my kitchen) researching the Battle of Stalingrad. Who does that? I mean really. I'm such a dork.

Sorry about the boring post today.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I WOULD rather go to the DMV than shop for bathing suits so I guess I have it worse than you. And I agree, Jude Law is very yummy.

Anonymous said...

A bathing suit..... What's that! I'm sure you look great in it.

Kate said...

I would do that. I would research something like that. My husband makes fun of me because "when you want to know something you just get on the internet and read and read until you've learned what you want to." Is that something to make fun of? Heck no! Yay for smart girls.