Thursday, June 26, 2008

yesterday's outing





I'm supposed to be cleaning the bathrooms, but I'm going to blog about ducks instead. I'm not really in the mood to scrub dried pee off the floor anyway.

After preschool yesterday Doug's cousin and sister invited us to go feed the ducks at a nearby park. So, of course I took pictures! Dude, those geese mean business when you run out of bread. One of them got pretty bossy and ran down my nephew Holden, then nipped him in the crotch. For split second I thought about letting him duke it out with the goose by himself while I ran to grab the camera. But, that would have been mean. So off I went to rescue him. (He's the redhead in the pics with the yellow shirt.) Luckily he's not too traumatized by the ordeal. The kids enjoyed themselves, and overheated a little--and they were so exhausted they fell to the floor when I opened the door to our air conditioned apartment. You know what's nice about that? No fighting and no whining, just peace and quiet, and REST. Good times.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, in this post you mentioned dried pee AND evil crotch nipping ducks.

You and I need to be married in a formal ceremony.

Jenn said...

Geese ARE mean! They scare me, man!

Stacey said...

Don't you love it when your kids wear themselves out so completely doing something that you get several hours of complete bliss! Yeah, it's been too long since I had that, I need to do something about that.

Anonymous said...

Next time remember to take an extra loaf of bread....LOL

Anonymous said...

I do anything to get out of housework. Why do you think I established my Adventure of the Day? I love the pics.