Thursday, June 05, 2008

You know what makes me throw up a little in my mouth?

Typing autopsy reports. I need a post-it note on my freaking monitor that says "DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES EAT AT THIS DESK WHILE READING AND/OR TYPING REPORTS. EVER"

As a few of you know, I'm studying to be a medical transcriptionist so I can eventually work from home. So, right now I'm kind of in "rotation" so-to-speak of different specialty fields. This of course includes pathology reports, which includes autopsy. It's really not so bad typing up surgical reports. I can handle open heart surgeries, cracking ribcages, chiseling away nasal bones, or sawing off limbs. All of that I can handle. But, cutting open a dead guy, dissecting parts of his brain, (as well as ALL other organs) and then describing the "dead" look of his pale sclerae (that's eyeballs).....kinda creeps me out. I also get to type out the exact cause and circumstanses of death. So I'm literally typing about this guy taking his last breath. It's just a huge death scene I imagine like a movie that I type day after day, except these are REAL people, and REAL reports. Ick. Radiology is next. Thank God.


Oh, and completely off topic here...thanks for the comments and well wishes on my previous post ladies. I do appreciate it.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Umm, yeah, that's a little gross. Once again thanks for the imagery :P

Carrie said...

lol. You're welcome;)